PROLIA® (Denosumab) is a RANKL inhibitor used for the treatment of various diseases of overactive bone resorption.
PROLIA® is manufactured by Amgen.
Administration and Dosage:
Administration of PROLIA® is by 1 subcutaneous injection every 6 months.
Common Side Effects:
The more common side effects of PROLIA® include serious allergic reactions; low blood calcium (hypocalcemia); severe jaw bone problems (osteonecrosis); unusual thigh bone fractures; increased risk of broken bones including bones in the spine, serious skin, lower stomach area, bladder, or ear infections; skin problems, and bone, joint, or muscle pain.
Ready to Schedule an Appointment?
Please CLICK HERE to get started.
PROLIA® is indicated to treat:
- Postmenopausal Women with Osteoporosis at high risk for fracture
- Men with Osteoporosis at high risk for fracture
- Women at high risk for fracture receiving adjuvant aromatase inhibitor therapy for breast cancer
- Men at high risk for fracture receiving therapy for nonmetastatic prostate cancer
- Glucocorticoid induced osteoporosis in men and women at high risk for fracture